Monday, July 19, 2010

Trip Expectations from the Environmental Group...

Fashion Design Major, Poulette Romero...
My group will be focusing in on the environmental aspect of the Triple Bottom line. Environmental issues affect both society and enterprises equally. Society is now becoming more knowledgeable about sustainability and in what ways ‘society’ can save the earth. Enterprises deal with similar issues and are beginning to implement better daily practices by being cautious of where to allocate limited resources as well as investing in environmentally-focused innovation.
What I expect from this trip is to have a coherent understanding of sustainable tourism, the differences between ecotourism vs. sustainable tourism, also more about how to reach better practices and relate it to my major. I would like to get a different perspective of how others live outside of the U.S. as well as experience a different lifestyle."

Week 1

Business Entrepreneurship Major, Christina Bell...
"My group and I will be covering the environmental viewpoint of the triple bottom line. With that said, we will be analyzing Costa Rica’s society and atmosphere and relating it to an environmental aspect and how sustainable tourism will impact it. Several countries are getting on board to the idea of sustainably. The basic definition of sustainability is "…development that meets the needs of present without comprising the ability of future generations to meet their own need” (Dr. Spears). In other word, we will discover how eco-friendly Costa Rica really is.

From this trip I expect to experience life as the Costa Ricans live. I want to become more educated and have a deep understanding on the cultural background and their outlook on the world, while simultaneously using what I have learned thus far from business and fashion courses at UNT."


Kinesiology Major, Chase Hood...
"Hello everyone, my name is Chase Hood. I will be a sophomore this upcoming year pursuing my goal of obtaining a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology. The focus that my group and I will be concentrating on is the environmental aspect of tourism and how sustainable tourism impacts the environment. My expectations for the trip are to learn more about other peoples’ daily living activities, expand on my view of cultural knowledge, and to overall have a tremendous time in Costa Rica that will assuredly be a valuable life experience for me. I do not have a camera as of right now but will be getting one asap so I am afraid I don’t have any pictures as of right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment